AVIM offers minimally invasive laparoscopic liver procedure with state of the art equipment.
Who can benefit from laparoscopic liver biopsy?
Medium to large sized dogs with liver disease caused by toxins, idiopathic chronic hepatitis, copper storage disease, infectious disease or neoplasia
Advantages of Laparoscopic Liver Biopsies
- Optimal sampling with minimal healing time
- Direct imaging of the entire liver, gallbladder, pancreas and spleen
- Sample collection from multiple liver lobes
- Larger sample size and quality allows for better evaluation of hepatic lobular architecture, distribution of inflammation, cell injury and fibrosis.
- Improved hemostasis with compromised patients including those with ascites.
- Improved Diagnostic Accuracy Improves Treatment Recommendations and Outcomes!